Shipper and Direct Express Auto Transport Agree To The Following:
Deposit Billed To: Credit Card, Money Order or Check
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1. Pick up and delivery is from your door unless residential area restrictions apply. If your vehicle is inoperable or oversize (dual or oversize wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.), extra charges may be applied. If carrier is not advised of inoperable or oversized vehicles prior to pick-up, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order, at customer discretion, made payable to delivery company. All vehicles, regardless of running or non-running condition, must never-the-less Roll, Brake and Steer.
2. The carrier and driver jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport his/her or their motor vehicle between its pick up location and the destination set forth on this shipping order-bill of lading.
3. Direct Express agrees to provide a carrier to transport your vehicle as promptly as possible in accordance with your instructions but cannot guarantee pick-up or delivery on a specified date or time. If the customer cancels an order his deposit will be refunded in full. Direct Express reserves the right to reject any auto shipping order and will refund the deposit in full.
4. Shipper shall remove all non-permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be tendered to carrier in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (prefer 1/4 tank).
5. Luggage and personal property must be confined to trunk, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs. Carrier is not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage caused to vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items. Direct Express does not agree to pay for your rental of a vehicle, nor shall it be liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
6. Trucking damage claims, although rare, are the responsibility of the assigned carrier who is required by law to carry a minimum of 3/4 of a million dollars public liability. All claims must be noted and signed for at time of delivery, and submitted in writing to the assigned carrier within the terms of that carrier’s bill of lading. Direct Express will share the carrier insurance policy information upon request but is not the entity responsible for any damages. The assigned carrier is solely responsible for the condition of your vehicle while it is in his possession.
7. No electronic equipment, valuables, plants, live pets, alcohol, drugs or firearms, may be left in the vehicle.
8. International orders, the car must be empty except for factory installed equipment. Indicate serial #, and give car’s approximate value in U.S. dollars. Shipper is responsible for the proper customs paperwork. (ask the assigned carrier for help with these documents)
9. This agreement and any car transport here under is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier’s tariff and the uniform straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the carrier.
This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Direct Express and constitutes the entire agreement between shipper and Direct Express and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Direct Express.
Direct Express’ U.S. Department of Transportation Broker’s license number is 479342.