Henry Jervis Mulliner created a coach building business in Brook Street, Mayfair, London. This was an affluent area not far from Conduit Street, which was where Rolls-Royce had its first showroom. Further, the company produced Rolls-Royce Motor cars including the Rolls-Royce Phantom and the Rolls-Royce Corniche. The company sadly closed in 1991. In 1919 the company Park and Ward was formed in Willesden, London, and a year later began producing bodies for the Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost. Henry Royce was very pleased with the quality of the work, which immediately led to a number of orders. Further, by the early 1930s most of their work was from Rolls-Royce. It was coming, and finally in 1939, the company was taken over by Rolls-Royce. Prior though, the company had produced car bodies for several car manufacturers and earned a reputation for quality. The new division of Rolls-Royce Mulliner Park Ward was created and at its peak employed 750 workers.
Auto Transport Estimate For Rolls-Royce Park Ward
Over its 100-year history the company created countless classic designs, and after its closure in 1991 the name Mulliner Park Ward remained as a division within Rolls-Royce. This was of course until the sale and split-up of Rolls-Royce and Bentley, at which point it became a division of Bentley Motors. Much earlier though, in 1922, Park and Ward was asked by Rolls-Royce to take part in a project to make standard bodies for the small 20hp model. The project was later abandoned but they did start to build bodies for Rolls-Royce customers. From the mid-1920s the company started to concentrate solely on Bentley and Rolls-Royce models. This turned out to be a fantastic mixing of skills and talents that went on to produce some of the most beautiful and quality autos ever. It is spectacular that these entities were able to cooperate as one unit for so many years. Learn more about the Rolls-Royce Park Ward and receive an instant auto transport estimate using our online rate calculator.
<< Back to Vehicle Index