The auto transport delivery is the final step in the process, and also the simplest part. Once your vehicle has been assigned to a car shipping carrier and picked up, not too much can go wrong. It generally takes one day of transit time for every 500 miles of distance. The auto transport driver will call ahead from the road to announce his estimated time of arrival.
Car Delivery Time Estimate
- 100-500 miles takes 1 or 2 days
- 500-1000 miles takes 2 or 3 days
- 1000-1500 miles takes 3 or 4 days
- 1500-2000 miles takes 4 or 5 days
- 2000-2500 miles takes 5 or 6 days
- 2500-3000 miles takes 6 or 7 day
Depending on the distance, weather conditions and population centers it could be a few days or weeks until a vehicle reaches its destination. The car shipping carriers usually estimate about 10 days on coast to coast trips, but they frequently arrive earlier.