Morgan Plus 4 Car Shipping Quote
The Morgan Plus 4 was simply a longer version of the Morgan Motor Company's 4/4 model and was manufactured between 1950 and 1969. This all began after World War II when Morgan had re-introduced their 4/4 model fitted with a 1267 cc Standard engine. This model remained in production until 1950 when it was replaced by the larger Plus 4. This new model was announced at the 1950 Earl's Court Motor Show. By 1955 the 4/4 model re-appeared in phase II form putting the heat on the Plus 4. The Plus 4 was equipped with a 2088 cc engine that was built upon the chasses used in the Standard Vanguard although it was strengthened and longer. This also marked the first time that hydraulic brakes were fitted on a Morgan. By 1953, things were in need of a shakeup, and a higher performance version was announced with a 1991 cc engine. This was the same engine used in the Triumph TR3 and later in 1961 it was enlarged to 2138 cc. Further, front disc brakes became an option in 1959 and were made standard in 1960. Later, a racing version, the Plus 4 Super Sports was available from 1960 and it included a tuned engine and a lighter weight body. Giving the car some respect and prestige, in 1962 Chris Lawrence and Richard Shepherd-Barron won the 2.0 liter GT class of the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans in a Morgan Plus 4. This was a pretty exciting thing for the company to profess. The body styles that were available included a 2 seat sports, 4 seat sports and a more luxurious 2 or 4 seat coupe. The 4 seat coupe was only available between 1954 and 1956. This car was so successful in racing because it had a nice combination of power and manufacturing detail.