MG MGA Car Transport Rate
The MGA was a sports car produced by the MG division of British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962. In particular, the MGA replaced the older T series cars and embodied a complete styling change from the older vehicles. The car was officially released at the Frankfurt Motor Show of 1955 at which point it was greeted with much praise. Later, it was replaced by the MGB when production ceased in July 1962. Throughout that time span, BMC sold a total of 101,081 units, with the vast majority being exports. In fact, only 5,869 units were sold in the home market. This turned out to be the highest export percentage of any British car. The design dates all the way back to 1952 when MG designer Syd Enever created a streamlined body for George Philips. The problem though with this car was the high seating position of the driver. This was a result of the chassis being used, and so, a new chassis was designed with the side parts further apart and the floor attached to the bottom rather than the top of the frame sections. A prototype was created and shown to the BMC chairman, Leonard Lord. He turned down the idea of producing the new car, for he had just signed a deal with Donald Healey to produce Austin-Healey cars. However, falling sales of the traditional MG models caused a change of mind with Mr. Lord, and the car was brought back. It was as stated a body on frame design and it used the straight 4 B series engine from the MG Magnette sedan. The suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front. There was also a rigid axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear. In the end, this model was a good move for British Motors.