Edsel Station Wagon Car Transport Rate
In 1958 the Edsel Villager was released only to be welcomed by critics. The Edsel Villager was a station wagon produced by the former Mercury-Edsel-Lincoln Division of the Ford Motor Company of Dearborn, Michigan. The Villager was sold through its Edsel marquee from 1958 to 1960. Like the two-door Edsel Roundup and premium Edsel Bermuda station wagons, the Villager was built on a 116 in wheelbase that was shared with Ford's station wagons. The two brands also shared core body stampings. The Villager and the Ranger were the only two model names that existed throughout the Edsel's three-year life span as an automobile marquee. The Villager embodied the lower trim level available within the Edsel brand for station wagons, but diverged from the two-door Roundup by being offered in six and nine passenger styles making it available as a four door only model. Standard features on the Edsel Villager included black rubber floor mats, ashtrays, a cigar lighter, arm rests, chromed rear-view mirror and crank-operated rear windows. These of course don't sound like features in today's terms, but back then they were not a given on all models. Like all other Edsel wagons, the Villager came with a two-piece tailgate which was pretty handy. All 1958 station wagons shared the Ranger's engine choices, or came with a 361 in<sup>3</sup> V8 as standard, and additionally, all wagons came with a three-speed manual transmission. Buyers also had the option of a three-speed automatic transmission with a standard column-mounted gear selector, or during the 1958 model year, they could choose Edsel's highly touted but disastrous Teletouch automatic, which placed its drive-selection buttons in the steering wheel hub. Overall, the years of the Edsel brand were depressing, as sales were slow and consumers just really didn't like the cars, or they didn't like the idea of the company. Any way one looks at it – cars were not being sold.