Bentley Mark VI Car Shipping Estimates
Leave it to Bentley to offer a luxury car right after the end of a major world war. The Mark VI was produced from 1946 through 1952 and was the first car to come from Rolls Royce with factory coachwork. The Mark VI used an F-head straight-6 engine 4.3 L for the first few years and switched in 1951 to a 4.6 L version of the same engine. As previously stated, this was the first Rolls Royce to be released with factory coachwork. The Standard Steel car body was produced for the first time at Pressed Steel's factory. The Mark VI was expertly powered by a six-cylinder in-line F-head engine making the cars performance really impressive. Some coachbuilders had remained in business but few were able to survive and surpass that of the standard coachwork. A few Mark Vis (about 20%), however, were fitted with coach built bodies. The lines of the standard steel coachwork of the Mark VI looked to some degree like the last bodies, which were designed by Park Ward immediately before the outbreak of the war. The four-door body was compact and well balanced. The headlamps were no longer individual units, but integrated into the front wings. Meanwhile, a sunroof and rear wheel spats could be ordered as extras for those who dared. The interior offered seats and door panels covered with the most excellent leather, which was supplied by Connolly, who was without question the finest tanners of motor hide at the time. The leather trim, wool carpets and wood fascia also wowed drivers. Rolls Royce marketed the vehicle as the "Standard Steel Sports Saloon [car]". The Marl VI went on to become the most triumphant Bentley model that Rolls Royce ever built. It even surpassed any product that Bentley had made prior to it being acquired by Rolls Royce.